Minor child's soc sec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor child's soc sec

3 minor dependent children of widowed client received 9,830 of Soc Sec each in 08 none of the kids have any other income of any kind. The way i read the filing requirements, each must file. Software says i can't Efile as no AGI on the 1040EZ. Am I missing something?
    John

social security is not taxable income so does not compute in filing requirements. they do not file a tax return

Comment

Thanks...I feel kind of stupid :"Soc Sec is included in gross income to the extent it is taxable". Easy to loose sight of the basics this time of year...(excuse, excuse!)
      John

Comment

"lose sight"

Originally posted by John3cpa View Post
        Thanks...I feel kind of stupid :"Soc Sec is included in gross income to the extent it is taxable". Easy to loose sight of the basics this time of year...(excuse, excuse!)
        Been there - Done that.

Comment

Kitchen?

I can't even remember why I went into the kitchen! And, clients think we know all about SS, insurance, health insurance, retirement plans, etc. Oh well, that's why we get the big bucks, huh. Why don't they ever ask their lawyer how to apply for COBRA?

Comment

Working...
          X