Stimulus-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stimulus-09

Taxpayers drawing Social security are going to receive a $250. 00 Emergency payment. Is it correct that joint filers would recevie 500.00

Is anyone telling there clients to start expecting this payment if they qualify??

Let's be clear about this, now.

Originally posted by gman View Post
    Taxpayers drawing Social security are going to receive a $250. 00 Emergency payment. Is it correct that joint filers would recevie 500.00

Is anyone telling there clients to start expecting this payment if they qualify??
    It is NOT an 'emergency' payment. The only 'emergency' is in the government's mind, and
    even that is open for debate. It is, however, an "economic recovery payment." and will be
    paid to social security recipients INDIVIDUALLY, having nothing to do with a tax return.
    So the term "joint filers" above is moot.

When? if a social security recipient has direct depositi of his monthly payments, the direct
    deposit of this one time "Economic Recovery Payment" will be about late May of this year.

I figure it will probably buy one bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label Scotch whiskey.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

So Are

You informing your clients to expect this payment. Our local paper called it a one time emergency payment.

Comment

i did

tell my clients that receive social security to expect the $250 in late may. their first question is "do i have to file a tax return like last year?"

Comment

Originally posted by gman View Post
          Our local paper called it a one time emergency payment.
          We all know that we can always trust our local media to tell us the truth.

The thing I want to know is this: If the $300 to every poor person on Social Security didn't solve the problem last year, why is everyone so excited about the $250 payment this year? Seems to me, if I have my math correct, this new emergency plan by the new administration just gave every poor person a pay cut.

Comment

SSA has posted that if taxpayers don't have the money by 06/04/09 to call SSA. So they expect to all be done by then.
            Last edited by JG EA; 04-04-2009, 04:23 PM.
            JG

Comment

Working...
            X