Have to file a tax return-What is Gross Income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to file a tax return-What is Gross Income

I have other income and the rent from 3 rent houses. When I am deciding if I have enough
    Gross Income to have to file do I use the income from the rent houses after I take off the expenses or do I use the gross income from then before I take the expenses. I will owe no
    tax either way, but I have been told that I have to use the gross before expenses and file
    even though I don't owe anything.

Bobby

Please ask your paid tax professional.
    Sandy >^..^<

Comment

That is correct. You must use gross rental income when figuring if you have to file.

Comment

Originally posted by tilt53 View Post
        Please ask your paid tax professional.
        I don't think anyone who is not in the possession of TTB can post on this board.

Comment

If I've replied inappropriately, I apologize. But I think anyone can purchase TTB and have a code to post.

Again, if wrong, I'm sorry.
          Sandy >^..^<

Comment

Question

Tilt53, question not to be affrontive, but why would a non- professional purchase the Tax Books.

For this tax season we have had a lot less personal posts, than in years past and that is why TMI initiated registration procedures and codes.

So one would think, that whomever posts has met those guidelines.

It would seem that this poster might be new to the board, and I have noticed several new posters recently. We all should be willing to answers the posts or ignore the posts, and if a new poster, we can choose to assist appropriately.

I have seen less of the posts , about if you are an individual asking a question, seek your tax professional this year, or the individuals last year that just kept posting. I think most of those parties are now gone from the board.

It would seem it is not an issue now.

Sandy

Comment

Not to be argumentative, but I have known folks who buy TTB, or Lasser's etc. thinking that they will have all the answers. That is why I did apologize if my response was inappropriate. I certainly don't want to make enemies or be regarded as a troublemaker. That was not my intent.
              Sandy >^..^<

Comment

You are not Tilt 53

Tilt 53
                We appreciate your posts and contributions on the board and you are not argumentative or a troublemaker at all.

It has been more pleasant on the Board since we don't have the DYI crowd posting, and I doubt that too many of them would think about purchasing TB. But if they do and can register, and post then I guess we have to take a look at their posts and decide to answer. They paid for it!

Overall the "tone" of the board has been much better this year than in the past, so that is a good thing. Just a few "hiccups".

Happy last 12 days of tax preparation.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                X