Timing of the refund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing of the refund

On the IRS e-file refund cycle chart, they list out different periods and the date that the 'direct deposit and the paper check will be sent for each. For each period, it says 'transmitted and accepted (by 11:00am) between...". Does the 11:00am refer to eastern standard time or the time in our local area?

Also, if you transmitt a return at 10:00am but got accepted 1 or 2 hours after 11am, how likely is it that it will still make the period?

I have made a mistake to tell my clients that they will make the period if the return is e-filed before 11:00am. Looks like they need it to be both e-filed and accepted. =(

Originally posted by Questionguy101 View Post
    On the IRS e-file refund cycle chart, they list out different periods and the date that the 'direct deposit and the paper check will be sent for each. For each period, it says 'transmitted and accepted (by 11:00am) between...". Does the 11:00am refer to eastern standard time or the time in our local area?

Also, if you transmitt a return at 10:00am but got accepted 1 or 2 hours after 11am, how likely is it that it will still make the period?

I have made a mistake to tell my clients that they will make the period if the return is e-filed before 11:00am. Looks like they need it to be both e-filed and accepted. =(
    I use Wed as my cut off date when I tell my clients of the expected refund date.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
    X