Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actress Stage Name & Sch C

Hi, looking for some advise here...

Preparing individual tax return for a taxpayer (an actress). She has about 3 W-2s, multiple 1099s, and also has her own business; let's say it's called "X Entertainment LLC".

Taxpayer (actress) has received multiple 1099s. Half made out to "X Entertainment LLC" and half made out to her real name. So, two Schedule Cs right? One for "X Entertainment LLC" and one under her real name?

Also, she has a stage name she uses, let's say "Jane Doe". Should I reference her stage name somewhere on the Schedule C? For the question on Sch C that asks about her business name I put her real name since that half of the 1099s WERE issued in her real name.

Comments, advice welcome - thanks!

~Maria
    Maria R., CRTP
    Los Angeles, CA
    Software Used: ProSeries since 2008

Question

What is the Taxpayer ID # on the 1099 forms?

That might give you a clue whether or not you need separate Schedule C forms, it is not the Name.

The name on the schedule C form you could always reference her name DBA: *****

Sandy

Comment

Assuming that the it's a single member LLC..

the term is "disregarded entity" and I vote for a single Sch C. Note that when the EIN was applied for, the SSN of the individual was listed on the application. That's how the IRS will tie the two numbers together.

I guess there would be no harm in doing two as a conservative position.

Comment

ONE schedule c

is all that's needed.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

more info...

It is a single-member LLC.

About 15 of the 1099s were issued in her name using her SSN. The other 20 or so were issued under her X Entertainment LLC company and the company EIN.

I just figured I should keep them separate and file with two Sch Cs.
          Maria R., CRTP
          Los Angeles, CA

Comment

Calif

Maria, I believe Calif is going to require a form 568 on the LLC
            E Who Must File
            Every LLC that is:
            • Doing business in California;
            • Organized in California;
            • Organized in another state or foreign country, but registered with
            the SOS;
            must file Form 568 unless the LLC: 1) has elected to be taxed as a
            corporation for federal tax purposes or 2) is a single member limited
            liability company (SMLLC) that was treated as an association taxable
            as a corporation prior to January 1, 1997, for California tax purposes,
            and did not elect to change that tax treatment in the current taxable
            year.
            Regardless of where the trade or business of the LLC is primarily
            conducted, an LLC is considered to be doing business in California if
            any of its members, managers, or other agents are conducting
            business in California on behalf of the LLC.
            So maybe the above will assist in answering your question or maybe add more confusion. As I don't believe Fed's require a separate form.

Sandy

Comment

You're right... I've been reading up on Form 568 and I think this is going to be a bigger return than what I thought (much more entailed).

I have ALOT of reading to do! Yikes!

~Maria
              Maria R., CRTP
              Los Angeles, CA

Comment

Working...
              X