NT- What was KS governor's tax problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT- What was KS governor's tax problem?

Just heard Obama's pick for human and heath services cabinet position paid $8000 in back taxes. Anyone know the scoop?

Paying down the national debt 1 cabinet member at a time.

Comment

"unintentional errors". That's all I've seen given as a reason so far.
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
        Just heard Obama's pick for human and heath services cabinet position paid $8000 in back taxes. Anyone know the scoop?
        They're still unable to find someone who's been convicted of welfare fraud to fill the position.

Comment

Read USA Today edition of April 1 for details.

Comment

I don't know

the return was prepared by some Geithner dude using Turbo Tax.

Just kidding! Don't swat me!
            If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

From The Seattle Times online

In a Senate Finance Committee letter, Sebelius, President Obama's nominee to head the Health and Human Services Department, said she repaid nearly $8,000, including interest, because of "unintentional errors." Sebelius said the errors concerned charitable contributions, the sale of a home and business expenses.

LT
              Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
                In a Senate Finance Committee letter, Sebelius, President Obama's nominee to head the Health and Human Services Department, said she repaid nearly $8,000, including interest, because of "unintentional errors." Sebelius said the errors concerned charitable contributions, the sale of a home and business expenses.

LT
                I understand the charitable contribution change was because in 3(?) cases she did not have the required letters for contributions of more than $250.

Comment

Working...
                X