I am officially SENILE now !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am officially SENILE now !!!

I realized today when I answered a question wrong that I was becoming senile. My children have all been telling me that right along. However even after I answered wrong … I really did not want to admit that I was totally losing it …..

BUT ….

Now I have to admit it … I know I am ……

I just signed my name as preparer on a return with my MAIDEN NAME …….. Um … that has not been my name in over 30 years . What on earth possessed me to do that ????

I am now officially a member of the Alzheimer Club where my long term memory is just fine and my short term memory doesn't know diddly !!!!!!!
    "And So It Begins!!!"

Taxlady

I used to have a referral for a good Dr. in Germany, but I've misplaced it. Name started with an F, I think. I'll post, if I locate it.

PS: Welcome to my world today! I told a client that I felt like the Hindu Princess with all the arms to email, get calls, faxes, etc. Forget her name, but can see her face.

Comment

My Clue

For several years now I have had a clue that told me when it was time to quit for the day. I will pick up the telephone and punch in the social security number of the person I want to reach. One time when I was still with my first employer I reached the operator in the Virgin Islands, incurring for my employer a charge which they were able to get reversed.

Comment

The other day

I turned on my blinker TO PULL INTO THE GARAGE. My kids just looked at me like, "We knew where you were going, Mom."
        If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

I was senile years ago

when I had just done my first paid return and signed it as we had in class "Ima Preparer".

Comment

Don't know what to think

after reading this thread.

here I am, older than all of you and don't consider myself a bit senile.

My regular day begins with doing the crossword puzzle to get started, plenty of coffee
            at the office (coffee fights cancer you know) and of course a liberal dose of that good
            Scottish import at 5 pm to keep the blood thin.
            And plenty of exercise even if just walking around the one mile round block, at least on weekends during tax season.

Don't even THINK about senility.

I'm done now.
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

The Power

Of positive thinking does make for a better life.

Comment

Who's not senile?

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
                after reading this thread.

here I am, older than all of you and don't consider myself a bit senile.

Don't even THINK about senility.

I'm done now.
                how can you say you aren't senile yet … You don't even know where you are !!!! Your location says Location: Phenix City, AL and your name tag says
                Harlan Lunsford, EA in LA … so are you in AL or LA ???? LOL LOL LOL

Sorry ... going to bed now like a good little ole lady should (after I toss the teeth in the jar by the nightstand of course) LOL
                "And So It Begins!!!"

Comment

Thanks

I love all the answers ... I needed some laughter ... thanks all ..

*We can always find someone else worse off then ourselves!!"
                  "And So It Begins!!!"

Comment

Ah....yes....me too!

I agree wholeheartedly! Reminds me of a joke that I can't quite remember...something about Alzheimers....you meet new friends every day (because you don't remember they are your old friends), you can hide your own Easter eggs...or chocolate cookies....or bottle of scotch....whatever makes you happy!

Thanks for the laughs. I'm going to bed now.....if I can find my way....I better drop cookie crumbs...Oh look....cookie crumbs....I'm hungry now....where was I going?

Mo

Comment

Mine is similar, ChEAr$

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
                      ...My regular day begins with doing the crossword puzzle to get started, plenty of coffee at the office (coffee fights cancer you know) and of course a liberal dose of that good Scottish import at 5 pm to keep the blood thin. And plenty of exercise even if just walking around the one mile round block, at least on weekends during tax season...
                      except I skip the puzzle 'cause I cain't hardly focus my eyes before ten oclock. However, we are agreed on the medicinal benefits of booze after five. Winemakers say their stuff's heart-healthy and my California-import Reunite Lambrusco ($8.45 per fifth -- I'm savin' up for a bottle with a real cork) perks me right up or calms me right down, whichever is needed.

Tragically, I had to throw in the towel on exercise. Many years ago I got it walkin' to the TV and back changin' channels, but the guy in the article below was responsible for my physical decline. If he hadn't saved me so many steps, I'd still be mad about it...

The New York Sun covers America and the world from a base in New York. Its report comprises straightforward news dispatches and a lively editorial page…

Comment

a good laugh

Okay, I think I have stopped laughing now. That was great. I really needed that.

I am not senile yet. I can't remember a single thing that I have forgotten.

My family just thinks I'm cranky. I think my husband is ready to hide from me. I hope we make it through the next 2 weeks. All my missing people are calling now.

But thanks for brightening my day (night).

Linda

Comment

Working...
                        X