Commercial Fisherman deductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial Fisherman deductions

Does anyone know if you can give them a say Per Diem when they're out on the boat each day lobstering or fishing? Also does anyone know about giving a Sundry on Schedule C returns?

Thank you.

This earlier post might give you some answers.

Primary Forum for posting questions regarding tax issues. Message Board participants can then respond to your questions. You can also respond to questions posted by others. Please use the Contact Us link above for customer support questions.

Comment

Commercial Fisherman

Gene that didn't really answer my question. I believe Merchant Marriners are allowed to take a $3.00 Per Diem a day when they are on the boat and I was wondering if Fisherman can too.

They usually leave the dock anywhere between 4:00 - 5:00 am in the morning, and don't return until about 5:00 pm to sell their lobsters.

Comment

Try this from MSSP for Alaskan commercial fishing vessel. Chapter 2.6 Meals on board.

Market Segment Specialization Program (MSSP): Audit Technique Guides, IRS, Audits, Examination, Regulations, Income Taxes, Taxes, Employment Taxes, Treasury Decisions, Exempt Organizations, Employee Plans, Treaties, Legislation

Comment

Thank you Gene I'll check it out.

Comment

Commercial Fisherman

Anyone out there that does returns for fisherman? Does anyone have any advise on what the Sternman/Deckhand is allowed for expenses?

I've been told they can take a Sundry, which is 1% of their earnings, is this true?

Comment

Working...
            X