Form 1077??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 1077??

My client said her brother heard on TV that she can file a Form 1077 and take up to 6 months to pay her tax liability.

What????

I told her about the Installment Agreement Request, but I don't have a clue about a form 1077.

IRS website evidently didn't see the news story, either. The form isn't there. Maybe they should call my client...
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Originally posted by Possi View Post
    My client said her brother heard on TV that she can file a Form 1077 and take up to 6 months to pay her tax liability.

What????

I told her about the Installment Agreement Request, but I don't have a clue about a form 1077.

IRS website evidently didn't see the news story, either. The form isn't there. Maybe they should call my client...
    The brother was probably watching re-runs of M*A*S*H that night and got form 1??? confused with 4077.

Comment

Right!

That MUST be it!! I'm still so gullible, that I actually checked the IRS website. If I had a dollar for every "bunny chasin' trail" I have been sent on by stupid things people tell my clients, I could retire... even in THIS economy!
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Originally posted by Possi View Post
        ...If I had a dollar for every "bunny chasin' trail" I have been sent on by stupid things people tell my clients, I could retire... even in THIS economy!
        Yes, so true for me. I got led around by the nose the other night and was so p/o by this cow 'n bull story my client had been told, her telling/asking me, her confusion, me telling her no way, but still checking to make sure...

Brother, I really get my fill of these people. I try to keep my cool, but it's hard most times.

D

Comment

You're not gullible, just professional

Originally posted by DTS View Post
          Yes, so true for me. I got led around by the nose the other night and was so p/o by this cow 'n bull story my client had been told, her telling/asking me, her confusion, me telling her no way, but still checking to make sure...

Brother, I really get my fill of these people. I try to keep my cool, but it's hard most times.

D
          As often as Congress changes tax law it makes sense to not dismiss something someone asks about without some checking. Happens to all of us. Just don't rely on the media to have anything close to the truth on tax laws.
          "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
            As often as Congress changes tax law it makes sense to not dismiss something someone asks about without some checking. Happens to all of us. Just don't rely on the media to have anything close to the truth on tax laws.
            I don't rely on the media to be close to the truth on anything. To them, whatever makes a good story is acceptable.

Comment

My favorite

this year was a question about the story on television which said a person could get an
              8,000 payment from IRS and THEn go out and buy a house.
              ChEAr$,
              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
                this year was a question about the story on television which said a person could get an
                8,000 payment from IRS and THEn go out and buy a house.
                I had that question, as well.

Comment

Actually a client had called me asking me how she could get $7500 from government so she could buy a house. She swore two of her friends had called her about it that their tax preparers had claimed the credit for them, which they would then use to buy a house. I told her if it was true, that must be fraud. Then she backed out!
                  It amazes me what people would do to get money. I mean, this is a medical doctor we are talking about.

Kay, NY

Comment

Before, not after

Why don't they call us before they do something, not after? Working on a return now, first-time home buyer, would qualify EXCEPT she took $25,000 out of her IRA which puts her over the income limit. And, she can avoid the penalty on only $10,000 to buy a home and has that extra $25,000 in income with no withholding. If she'd taken a little less out....

Comment

Originally posted by anu31402 View Post
                      Actually a client had called me asking me how she could get $7500 from government so she could buy a house. She swore two of her friends had called her about it that their tax preparers had claimed the credit for them, which they would then use to buy a house. I told her if it was true, that must be fraud. Then she backed out!
                      It amazes me what people would do to get money. I mean, this is a medical doctor we are talking about.

Kay, NY
                      The last sentence explains everything.

Comment

Chasing rabbits too....

I am currently on the bunny trail looking for the Electric Vehicle Tax Credit avaliable for street-legal golf carts. My client was "assured" by the salesman that his $9,000 golf cart would satisfy the IRS requirements for a tax credit. I think NOT.......does anyone have any input?

Comment

Working...
                        X