California what????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoshinNC
    E-filed CA nonresident and a CA resident return yesterday with the Communist Republic of CA and got rejects on both of them this morning. I assume this is connected to this discussion regarding the new law. Is the only alternative to mail in paper return?

Jainen, what are you guys doing out there, trying to keep all non resident preparers out of the market. J/K! LOL! ;-)
    If you are a registered e-filer make sure you don't have to pay the $5 fee for not e-filing.

Or you could ask someone who is registered to send it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Sova
      This was discussed on another board I belong to and one of the preparers stated that they will complete the return anyway. Their theory is what is CA going to do, disallow the return? Personally, I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
      Sorry but that is irresponsible. Why make your client suffer because you did not want to find out the rules/procedures/laws before hand. I have a sneaking suspicion that if this was a tax question your attitude would be roundly criticized.

Comment

California

I applied to California last year to e-file Ca. returns since so many of them are moving to Arizona. They accepterd me and I hav'nt had any problem....yet. Of course I havn't filed any Ca returns this year but I did last year with no problems.
        ken

Comment

I use Drake sortware and in their user's manual is a list of the states that have state tax
          They also have the email address and phone/fax # to apply for e-filing

At the beginning of 2005 I applied to all those states to e-file. The response was tremendous. I can e-file any state return without a probllem.
          Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Ca

So, do I as an individual have to register to efile to CA or does my firm? I just want to do a freebie for my son's friend who moved to CA.... I work in CT at a HRB Premium office, so of course HRB is registered in CA.

Comment

Call them

Free is free and worth what they paid for it. Is it even a client if it is free. In my case the firm is set to E file and I have told my wife I can not vist San Diego with her. 1996 U Haul showed more rentals leaving the state CA than coming in for the first time in history. Does U Haul not have any Mexico operations. Look at previous post for telephone number. I am doing two that are now residents and maybe three more who are non residents and have taxable events to report to CA. CA job growth is based on government hiring and they are going to check the boaders with AZ, NV and OR to keep tax practioners out.

Comment

Working...
              X