Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I efile with a w-2 that has the wrong SS# on it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I efile with a w-2 that has the wrong SS# on it???

The company that issued the w-2 is no longer in business. They filed bankruptcy and their phone is disconnected. Client has tried to contact them with no success.

He did contact the Social Security Office and they have corrected it for his files.

But can I now efile it as tho it has the correct SS# on it???

Or does he need to mail in a paper file to show the incorrect # on the w-2 along with a letter informing the IRS that the SS Office has already corrected the error in his file?

Thanks for your input.
    "And So It Begins!!!"

Correct the SS# on your copy of the W-2 and efile with the correct information. Since client has already contacted SSA, I think everything should be OK. Make sure to correct the SS# on any copies of the W-2 that get submitted to all the wonderful PA local tax collectors...don't you just love all the PA local stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by KBTS View Post

wonderful PA local tax collectors...don't you just love all the PA local stuff!
      Oh yeah, it's lovely all right!

Comment

But there is hope on the horizon...Act 32 is supposed to make all the local filing easier. Of course I will believe that when I see it : )

Comment

Originally posted by KBTS View Post
          But there is hope on the horizon...Act 32 is supposed to make all the local filing easier. Of course I will believe that when I see it : )
          Yeah, and the slots revenue is really reducing our real estate taxes, too, right??

Comment

Working...
          X