QF vs TB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QF vs TB

Just got back into taxes this year. Don't want to spend alot of money on reference material. I currently have the CCH MTG. I'm debating between the QF 1040 or the Tax Book. Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Geography

In other words, do you know where you are?

Meaning, you are on the message board maintained by The Tax Book. You might therefore expect bias.

I am biased toward the Tax Book, admittedly. I had faith in the former QF authors, and after things happened as they did, decided to follow them to the Tax Book. I no longer subscribe to the QuickFinder, so I have nothing with which to compare.

If you want a truly fair answer, try posting your question on the QF message board. The question may make the editors of either book very nervous, and your posts (and some of the responses) may get deleted. But if anything gets removed, I'll be willing to bet The Tax Book editors will not be the publication that deletes.

Comment

geography

Yes, I know where I'm at. I've also been to the QF board and posted the same question. Of the few replies that I've received there, people have good things to say about the Tax Book. Some say they use both. Nothing negative about the TB there. I was just curious what kind of replies I would get here. I have never used either product. I'm more used to CCH MTG, but have heard that products like QF and TB are easier to read. Also, while I find the CCH MTG useful, if often leaves out important points on some subject.

Comment

my opinion

I have used both and to be honest, I think they are about the same. Well I guess I cant say that since I did'nt subscribe to QB this year. I moved to Tax Books because I liked the old Quick books and I figured since those people moved from there and started Taxbooks, bad things might happen to QB.

I have been very satisfied with Tax books this year.
        ken

Comment

Of course I am biased. What would you expect from someone who spent 17 years working for the other book, and now is writing for TheTaxBook.

The new thing we did this year was try to combine all common tax issues into one book. I only have a few slots on my desk within arms reach where I put my Deluxe Edition, my All States Edition, and the federal and state instruction booklets. I don’t have room on my desk for an entire library of books. During tax season, we all need answers, fast. That is the approach I take when deciding what needs to be covered in that one book I keep on my desk.

Comment

Taxbook Vs QF

I switched to Taxbook this year purchasing the three copies as always. I didn't mention the fact that we are not using QF this year and no one has said a word about it. I assume that the lack of comments is a endorsement of the Taxbook.

Comment

Working...
            X