Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"HIgh End Entertainment" aka Pimp?

Holy Cow.

My client is going into business with a friend opening a club for "entertainment" this year. I told him he needed an accountant and a partnership return done. He's got an accountant for that business and a partnership return will be done next year.

Then he said he was also doing a business himself, aside from that one, and it will be "high end entertainment." His new voice mail message says something about "G Spot" ...oh my gosh.... His initials are GG so, I let it go until he told me about his new business.

I swear I think he's pimping.

As long as he claims all his income, oh my gosh....

Just another day in Paradise!!
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Possi

At least you are getting new customers. These are tough times! Just go with it.

Comment

Not for me

I don't think I could handle an interview on this client, nor would I want to represent at a Tax Audit. Way too much information!

Sandy

Comment

Entertainment

That sounds like a strip club to me.

It might actually be legal, even if it's kinda sleazy.

Who knows, you might get a bunch of new clients from the girls working there... but you probably wouldn't like doing those returns, either.

I've done a couple of those returns myself over the years.

They are usually signed on as independent contractors. They work for tips, and for a percentage of the club's established prices for table dances.

So these clients fit a certain profile, which goes something like...

Single mother, three children with three different last names, and...

Schedule C income of around $13,000, with almost no records and almost no expenses.

Textbook example of EIC due diligence.

BMK
        Burton M. Koss
        koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Sandy

Originally posted by S T View Post
          I don't think I could handle an interview on this client, nor would I want to represent at a Tax Audit. Way too much information!
          I've known you for several years and have never known you to shy away from business. Why now?

Money is money, I always say.

D

Comment

My Face

Sorry, I would not be able to answer the questions, some of which I am sure I wouldn't know the answers,

I blush easily and I don't think I want to do the research to make sure the deductions are an ordinary and necessary business expense.

Besides, I have these 2 challenging clients, one the US ctizen living in Argentina, and the NEW Business client, that probably has been scammed, that I am trying to figure out what to do with! Like I would need one more challenge of this nature to research.

Sandy
            Last edited by S T; 03-18-2009, 08:57 PM.

Comment

No Joke.

I had a couple of guys who owned a strip club as clients. They sold the business a couple of years ago and opened up a mortgage brokerage. I should have realized the end was near.
              In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
              Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Originally posted by Koss View Post

Schedule C income of around $13,000, with almost no records and almost no expenses.

BMK
                Koss, are you trying to say that "strippers" do not have a large clothing expense?

LT
                Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

I had a Dominmatrix once (not sure of the spelling) as a client. It was long ago. I don't think I'd represent oddballs anymore. It isn't worth the money. But, it was amusing.

Comment

Dominatrix

is I believe the word Zee was looking for. I presume that Zee;s former client did it for money (because otherwise why would she have felt the need to reveal this) but not all of them do it for money.

Comment

Business Expense

Some of that stuff might actually be deductible...

I wouldn't call it a uniform, but it certainly isn't something they can wear when they're not working.

BMK
                      Burton M. Koss
                      koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
                        is I believe the word Zee was looking for. I presume that Zee;s former client did it for money (because otherwise why would she have felt the need to reveal this) but not all of them do it for money.
                        Thanks for the spelling correction. I added the "m" at the last minute. She was a Schedule C. Later (after she left as a client), I read where she was arrested. I don't remember the charges, and her occupation and the news stories provided interesting reading for much of the Minneapolis rural area where I practiced.

Comment

With respect..

Originally posted by erchess View Post
                          I presume that Zee;s former client did it for money (because otherwise why would she have felt the need to reveal this) but not all of them do it for money.
                          I believe a show of power and nothing else. Maybe, a bit of advertising...Grissom on CSI comes to mind.

Comment

Paid in $1 bills

Originally posted by Koss View Post
                            That sounds like a strip club to me.

It might actually be legal, even if it's kinda sleazy.

Who knows, you might get a bunch of new clients from the girls working there... but you probably wouldn't like doing those returns, either.

I've done a couple of those returns myself over the years.

They are usually signed on as independent contractors. They work for tips, and for a percentage of the club's established prices for table dances.

So these clients fit a certain profile, which goes something like...

Single mother, three children with three different last names, and...

BMK
                            Yes, I had a stripper when I worked for tax-in-a-box and I swear she paid me in $1 bills! GROSS!
                            She took a costume expense, cosmetics, and would have taken her boob job if I let her!
                            I do not want high risk audits in my office. I've had 3 and they are not a fun day.
                            This guy was a cop. Interesting that he is delving in the dark now.
                            Your comments are hilarious! Thanks, I needed that!!
                            =)
                            ~possi
                            "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Working...
                            X