Traveling nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling nurse

I am totally confused on this new client's tax home. I have read and re-read and it's clear as mud.
    She is a traveling nurse, but her home is here in VA Beach. Last year, she spent time 108 days in Texas and 220 days in California.
    Having done this in the past, she seems well versed on taking travel expenses, per diem, etc. and seems to know it is allowed. I am second guessing to cover my own business.
    When in these places, the company she works for puts her up in an apartment that the company owns/rents, but there are brief times when that apt isn't available and she has lodging expenses.
    She takes travel expenses, but shipped her car to CA and back and wants to take that expense as well.
    I don't know why I am so dumbfounded with this return.
    help?
    edit:
    She just dropped off last year's return which was prepared by HRB. Her expenses are in excess of 15k.
    I just wanted to bounce it off the board before I follow their lead and trust that it is all deductible.
    thanks.
    Last edited by Possi; 03-18-2009, 01:01 PM. Reason: add'l information
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Prior posts

Here are a couple of links to prior posts

Primary Forum for posting questions regarding tax issues. Message Board participants can then respond to your questions. You can also respond to questions posted by others. Please use the Contact Us link above for customer support questions.

Primary Forum for posting questions regarding tax issues. Message Board participants can then respond to your questions. You can also respond to questions posted by others. Please use the Contact Us link above for customer support questions.

Maybe it will help you.

Sandy

Comment

Thanks Sandy

I read those scenerios and she lives with her parents when she is home. I do not know if she pays rent here or not. HRB took all the expenses, but as I see it, she will not qualify. I think I better send her back to HRB. I was hoping they were right to take the expenses, and my interpretation was wrong.
      =(

Better to be right than popular!
      Thanks for keeping me on the high road....
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Working...
      X