4 Rejects!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lion View Post
    I had one that was listed as (fictitious name, of course, for this posting) Jane Doe Smith Jones. Took us three tries. I think Smith Jones ended up being her last name with Doe her middle and Jane her first.
    It is funny now but after SIX tries I was almost in tears!
    SueBaby

Comment

You should not have bothered. It is her responsiblity to provide the correct information. The SSA gives her a document until she gets her card. She should be the one to take the time to get it right. taxea
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

The reason

Originally posted by taxea View Post
        You should not have bothered. It is her responsiblity to provide the correct information. The SSA gives her a document until she gets her card. She should be the one to take the time to get it right. taxea
        that we "bother" is that we are genuinely interested in our clients and their tax situations.
        My clients are the lifeblood of my business; they pay my way; they pay for my nice
        vacations and cruises every year. They are the very reason I'm in business.

I care for them and.... they care for me. How Sweet it IS!
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Exactly

That is the whole idea, and if we are in the service business, then that is what we need to do to retain clients and receive referrals. It is important to let the client know that we care, and every now and then, more often than not, go that extra little step to assist.

Today, for me was a prime example assisting a client, that had some radical changes in his life for 2009, and it took some lengthy discussion on the phone to determine how those changes were going to affect his 2009 tax year as well as other finances. I wasn't going to bill for the time on the phone as he is a client that I have had for over 20 years, however, as the phone call drew to a close, the client specifically stated that he expected an invoice for the time that I spent and thanked me for listening and assisting him.

That made me smile,

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
            that we "bother" is that we are genuinely interested in our clients and their tax situations.
            My clients are the lifeblood of my business; they pay my way; they pay for my nice
            vacations and cruises every year. They are the very reason I'm in business.

I care for them and.... they care for me. How Sweet it IS!
            I could not have said that better than you and S T. THANK YOU BOTH for saying it for me.
            SueBaby

Comment

Last Name

If the name is Natalie B F Johnson-Williamson, then the IRS is looking for the four letters John. Her last name is Johnson-Williamson.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                If the name is Natalie B F Johnson-Williamson, then the IRS is looking for the four letters John. Her last name is Johnson-Williamson.
                Her first name was 2 words with 2 initials with a long madien name with an hyphen and a long married name.
                Now who would want all of that on their card? I used her first initial with her first name and middle initial and her madien name this year and next year with her long married name.

It was a nightmare over a simple thing. Never have seen anything like it and never want to again!
                SueBaby

Comment

Working...
                X