X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donation receipt requirements

One of our churches has the following wording on their donation receipts:

" ..$...is an advantage, and $...is the eligible amount"

Do you think that is enough for donation over $250?

Cryptic Message

Gretel, I'm not sure that it's not enough, I just don't understand the verbage.

Not sure anyone else would either. The message implies two amounts, only one of which would be eligible to deduct.

Comment

This is what I am wondering. The advantage line typically has $0. I had my client go back to the church because I didn't really notice this line at. The minister wrote in my requested verbiage, pointed out to their statement and remarked that this comes from high above. (Catholic church, don't know how high up he meant, maybe heaven?)

Comment

Is it possible that they're using "advantage" to indicate the amount of benefit the taxpayer receives? Like if you bought a $2 box of cookies for $5 you would have $2 "advantage" and $3 donation? Although if it is that, it's the weirdest terminology I've ever seen.

Comment

These are strictly cash tithing contributions. But thanks for confirming my weird feeling about it.

Comment

Don't know about that wording.......

My Catholic Church uses the required wording, not the wording you have shown.

The only churches that I have trouble with are the smaller ones, with volunteer secretaries/treasurers. When I point out the problem, they may or may not change.
            Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
            X