Pilot - Non Commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot - Non Commercial

I have pilot who just graduated from school and had taken a temporary pilot position with a company who makes ariel photos. He traveled from his home to the Airport 150 miles about 25 times to do this job as self employed. He lives with his parents. Can he deduct these miles?

commuting

The a self-employed person does not have commuting miles is if they have an office in home where they regularly see clients. Also, miles to a temporary location can sometimes be deducted.
    Otherwise, those are commuting miles to and from the airport.

Hope that helps,
    ~possi
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Barb - Unless there are other factors not in the post, it looks like commuting to work to me.

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Thanks, I was hoping it would qualify as temporary assignment.

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood the original post. Has he taken a job and then been sent to another location temporarily and will be returned to his home by this company at a later date? Or has he taken a job at another location and it will be a temporary until he can get another job nearer to his parents home?

LT
          Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

This is his first job. He knew it would only be temporay when he accepted it. The company paid all his expenses while he was in the city between the trips back home. He worked from April to August doing this.

Comment

Working...
            X