Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A360 Virus and/or Spyware...any one experience this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A360 Virus and/or Spyware...any one experience this?

And if so what software did you use to get rid of it?

A360

Yes !!!! This is a terrible virus that take over a machine and drive you nuts. I am quite experienced with this type of problem and it had me going for a while.
    There some decent articles on it (do a search for it...they want it sound like Norton Antivirus 360, but it is not the same), but the only way I was able to delete it was to buy one of the better spam removal tools and clean the entire machine. The free ones seem to keep it out if they are up to date, but will not remove it if it is embedded. It can even regenerate itself if it is only partially removed. Seems to come in on some kinds of music videos and such.
    I had to download the new program on another machine, transfer it to my stick and then take that to the infected machine. A360 absolutely will not let you download anything from the web that might knock it out.

Good luck!!!
    AJ, EA

Comment

AJ, so did you rid your PC of it w/o having to wipe clean?

W/o having to wipe clean your PC hard driver and reinstall all your programs?

Comment

Yes,

We were able to clean the machine without losing anything. And it is back up to full speed.
        It took about an hour to download and then load the program, install it, register it and then Pay $10. It was worth it once we were done. I used Stop-Zilla, but there are others very similar.
        I will see if I can find the names of a couple others real quick.
        AJ, EA

Comment

Try this one

One person online says Spyware Doctor Scan works to remove it and is free.
          Lots of the free ones will find it , but you have to register and pay to remove. I have used spyware doctor in the past and found them to be quite good IF kept up to date (just like any virus scanner). Those idiots that make these virus and spyware are coming up with something new everyday. It is a game to them.
          Like I mentioned earlier, you will most likely have to download the program on a machine that is not infected and then move the installation file to the infected machine on a strip. A360 does not seem to recognize the threat on a strip. If you try to use a browser to get the program A360 will block it .
          AJ, EA

Comment

spt

Yes. Bought Kaspersky Internet Security for 2009 to get rid of it. Kaspersky will continually update in the back ground after installation. You need to do a complete scan at least twice on your computer after the installation. You can get the box version for $79.99, good for 3 computers at Best Buy. Easy to install. Recommended by my IT personnel.

Comment

Kaspersky and so on

I love Kaspersky and I am embarrassed to day that I almost rejected the program out of hand because the company is Russian. But they are a true international corporation and they were started by a husband and wife team who have truly built a business and sell their product all over the world generating good jobs all over the world. They removed things from my computer that nothing else I tried would even detect.

I also run scans with the paid versions of Spybot Search and Destroy and Lavasoft Ad Aware. I use the paid versions because my computer is used in business and per the terms of service for the free versions I should not use them on such a computer. Plus I get great tech support and the prices are reasonable.

Comment

Working...
              X