depreciation for windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depreciation for windows

I have looked in the TTB and the IRS website for a detailed list of depreciation items so I don't need to ask these dumb questions, but I can't find one.

What is a good resource for this?

Do windows on Rental property have to be depreciated 27.5 years because they are capital improvement increasing the value of the house?

Thanks!
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Windows

are part and parcel of the real estate, so depreciate for life of building, whether 27.5 or
    39 years.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

that's what I thought

Is there a great website or software that helps more with depreciation assets?
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

You need

Originally posted by Possi View Post
        Is there a great website or software that helps more with depreciation assets?
        to go to irs.gov and find the publicaton on Depreciation. (Is it pub 946 maybe?) anyway,
        download it and print it out as a desk reference.
        Also good to have on your desk is a printed copy of publication 17 and 590 (IRA's)
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I did read the IRS publication...

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
          to go to irs.gov and find the publicaton on Depreciation. (Is it pub 946 maybe?) anyway,
          download it and print it out as a desk reference.
          Also good to have on your desk is a printed copy of publication 17 and 590 (IRA's)
          ... but I didn't print it out. Maybe I should and it will give me more detail.
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X