Interstate sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interstate sales

Client sells wine from CA, mainly within CA. Internet sales are now coming in from other states quite quickly.

I would like to hear from anyone who have clients that do this so I can see how you handle efficiently in your offices, the number of sales tax reports you have to file, etc, if you'd have the time to share. I would like to handle this for my client, but my business may not be equipped to handle this. ???

Thank you,

D

Nexus

Originally posted by DTS View Post
    Client sells wine from CA, mainly within CA. Internet sales are now coming in from other states quite quickly.

I would like to hear from anyone who have clients that do this so I can see how you handle efficiently in your offices, the number of sales tax reports you have to file, etc, if you'd have the time to share. I would like to handle this for my client, but my business may not be equipped to handle this. ???

Thank you,

D
    is still the key to state sales taxability. You didn't say, but I would guess your client is
    in California. Unless he has a presence in nevada, no need to collect any sales tax
    on shipments to that state.

However shipments within the state remain sales taxable. Around these parts, Georgia and Alabama, the seller only has to collect state sales tax (4%) and is not bothered with
    collecting local sales taxes. Imagine having to track 159 Georgia counties and more than that in municipalities sales taxes!
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

ChEAr$

Thank you. I was thinking this may be an issue, as CA notifies people who have purchased cigarettes out of state, over the internet and hounds the heck out of them until the buyer pays up. I'm not sure if this is related or not, but it concerned me and I've been unable to stay on the phone long enough with CA BOE to find out.

Thanks again,

D

Comment

Working...
      X