OT: The Night Owl Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: The Night Owl Club

I'm enough of a night owl to be an early bird most mornings. I notice a few of you are too. Do you have this kind of sleep habit all year round, or only at tax time?

It's pretty much year-round for me. I'm usually up by 5:00 - 5:30 most mornings (unless I worked extremely late the night before). I view the early morning as a great time to organize my thoughts & lay out plans for the day.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

At least thru May

Up at 4:05 AM.

At the office to check e-mail, read this forum and others, read the paper on the internet, do my time report and organize for the day.

Sometimes a quick 15 minute walk, then home to shower, dress, and eat breakfast.

Back to the office about 7:45 AM. An hour for lunch, home for supper at 5:00, and back, usually about 6:30 after another walk, until about 8:30 PM.

Work most of Saturday. Church that evening so that I can work Sunday morning. I usually take off Sunday afternoon. May work a couple of hours after dark.

Getting tired of this.

I do take off a couple of days after Apr 15. Depends on when it falls. This year it is on a Wednesday. I will close the 16 & 17 and open back up on the 20th. For bookkeeping and payroll reports due on Apr 30.
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

My hours are odd. Due to a medical condition I don't sleep very well. Most of the time I get out to the office at 1pm. I work until 6:30pm. Eat supper then come back at 7:30 and work until 10pm. Go back home for a rest then start back working around 1am until 3am.

I have several customers that ask why I come to the office so late. I first tell them that is my hours. If they persist or I've had a few say I have "bankers hours".. I tell them it is my business and I set my hours the way I want them. As long as I get my work done. If they want someone that is working at 8am then go to someone else. That ususally shuts them up.

I am pretty proud that this year I am sticking to setting appointments for when people can come by for drop offs and pickups. Plus not answering the phone all the time. Returning phone calls at a certain time.

Comment

Working...
        X