Taxwise Users, K-1, Sche E, 179 Deduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxwise Users, K-1, Sche E, 179 Deduction

I am having a heck of a time here with K-1 worksheet for Schedule E. Bringing forward income and 179 deduction from S-Corp. I am using Taxwise. Does a 4562 Depreciation Form have to filled out to get the 179 deduction to show? What about when you have a husband and wife and there are two K-1 worksheets? Two 4562?

I have not been doing the 4562 in the past. Just forcing in the 179. But this year it is like Taxwise will not take it unless I fill out the 4562. If I force it in, it shows up as a adjustment on Georgia because the state use to not recognize the 179 increase or special depreciation.

I thought some of you who use Taxwise might could help. I called yesterday and was surprised at the bad customer service...

Thanks for any help.

Itis not too late to switch to Drake Software

Comment

Software

Or switch to TaxSlayer Pro

Comment

Or Lacerete

Comment

Call...............

............... support and let them walk you through it..............
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Part 1 of Form 4562 has to be done in order to calculate the total allowable Section 179 deduction.

Comment

So I guess I will be looking at some different tax software soon.

I did call support to have them walk me through it. Instead I walked support on how to get to the K-1 worksheet. Which resulted in the answer being... "yes you can do two K-1s.". Plus to my question of having to do two 4562s for each K-1 "I guess you have to do it because they want the detail". Maybe its like the IRS.. if I call back two more times I will eventually get a good answer

Comment

Switch?

Switch tax software, yes indeed it is too late. For next year look at Lacerte, it serves me well.

Comment

I am sorry you got hold of a bad rep. Email TaxWise and tell them. I have used Tax Wise for for over 10 years and I really like the software. The knowledge board on the support web site is a real good way to solve problems, email support is also good.

Comment

Yeah I thought about calling back again. I have used them too for around 10 years. This makes the third time in the past two years I have had trouble. Like you said maybe just bad rep. I do like their product and I am so use to it. Their support is ususally pretty good. I looked to change a couple years ago but knew there would be a learning curve.

Comment

Working...
                    X