Professional Organizations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional Organizations?

Okay, maybe we're all too busy for this sort of discussion, but I'm gonna give it a try anyway...

BMK
    American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
    7.69%
    National Association of Enrolled Agents
    25.00%
    National Association of Tax Professionals
    32.69%
    National Society of Tax Professionals
    1.92%
    American Bar Association
    1.92%
    An professional organization not listed above
    13.46%
    None of the above
    17.31%
    Last edited by Koss; 02-14-2009, 01:22 AM.
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

What Others

Other than the organizations mentioned I have heard of the National Society of Accountants and would like to hear if anyone belongs to them. I would also like to hear of any other organizations that exist, especially any that take people with no college courses in Accounting or Taxes.

Comment

Does "The Tax Book Message Board" count as a professional organization

Comment

Dear Burton,

Certainly the poll is interesting/worthwhile, but as former assistant-3rd vice-treasurer of Ozark Park Whack Tax Hacks (LLC), I must protest the omission of our group from your list of prominent organizations.

Originally posted by erchess View Post
        ...I would also like to hear of any other organizations that...take people with no college courses in Accounting or Taxes.
        Dear EC,

While we Ozarkians have no prerequisite problems and do not discriminate by age, sex, race, religion, or mental health; applicants must submit a notarized (by a non-relative) statement certifying previous preparation of at least one Form 1040EZ (not counting your own).

Comment

Ny/ct-atp

I love my newest group (although they're over 25 years old) the NY/CT-ATP for networking with those preparers across the border and keeping up with whatever NYS & NYC do to my CT commuters. I belong to three groups: two with great local chapters offering education, two with good national publications, and two with good message boards/web sites.

Comment

Professional Organizations

Why wasn't the National Society of Accountants (NSA) listed?
            Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Bookkeeping

And, there's a national association of bookkeepers I've seen mentioned on boards, but don't know the exact name.

Comment

Ex-Blockheads

Or, how about us Ex-Blockheads? Some of us in my area car pool together to go to CtSEA events. We should form a National Ex-Blockheads Association or NEBA, right?

Comment

Working...
                X