Rejected e-file twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected e-file twice

My client's employer just got his EIN a couple of weeks ago. Her efile rejected when she did it herself.
    I prepared it for her and waited 2 weeks to file. The IRS told her to wait 2 weeks before efiling.
    Well, it rejected again.
    I forgot how many times we can attempt to efile before doing a paper return. Don't I get one more try? Three times and you're out?
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

efiling

Originally posted by Possi View Post
    My client's employer just got his EIN a couple of weeks ago. Her efile rejected when she did it herself.
    I prepared it for her and waited 2 weeks to file. The IRS told her to wait 2 weeks before efiling.
    Well, it rejected again.
    I forgot how many times we can attempt to efile before doing a paper return. Don't I get one more try? Three times and you're out?
    Well, no, there is no baseball rule for efiling. Keep on keeping on. however, after five
    attempts I would really wonder about the situation.

Better just go ahead and paper file the return.

But... IF the employer got the EIN in THIS year, how did it file 941's for last year?
    Late, I suppose.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

late

Oh yes, very late. I did all his payroll for him. He thought he had until April 15th to do it all. Not real smart, but paid me big bucks, so I'm ok with it! =) AND he thinks I'm smart for doing it all!
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Working...
      X