Forgot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot!

I had 2 Sch Cs and I forgot to put the business name on them and the code. They were accepted when transmitted BUT do you think they will get a letter to redo it? Do I have to go ahead and amend it now or wait OR just forget it??? One was in decal side job and the other selling Avon.
    SueBaby

Don't waste

any more paper amending such. I sure wouldn't.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Agree with Harlan

Yes you made two mistakes but they are not ones that change the bottom line of the returns. Processing could be slower than normal but that's always the case. The IRS could conceivably write asking for the missing info perhaps even a new Sch C but I seriously doubt that they will. If you like the clients, remind them that any letter they get from a taxing agency should be brought to you asap and tell them that if this issue comes up you won't charge for fixing it. Other than that I wouldn't sweat this another minute

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
        Yes you made two mistakes but they are not ones that change the bottom line of the returns. Processing could be slower than normal but that's always the case. The IRS could conceivably write asking for the missing info perhaps even a new Sch C but I seriously doubt that they will. If you like the clients, remind them that any letter they get from a taxing agency should be brought to you asap and tell them that if this issue comes up you won't charge for fixing it. Other than that I wouldn't sweat this another minute
        Thanks to you BOTH; because I was sweating it---did not want to amend it only when HAVE to. Thanks again ---feel better.
        SueBaby

Comment

Working...
        X