A/C Energy credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Energy credit

Can anyone tell me the line # of form 5695 that an energy efficient a/c would go on?
    I rarely use this form, and I am a little confused.

Thanks

Ttb 11-13

My client spent over 7k for a new roof that met the standard for energy credit and the credit is NOT available for 2008!

As I read it, neither is yours....

~possi
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

It comes back in 2009..................client got suckered by congress...
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

O.k.,

but is there something I can show client saying it is no longer available for 08

Comment

What about the page in TTB that shows the years the credit is available?

Comment

2008 Energy Credit

I had the SAME thing happen the other day.

Client put in $ 9500 worth of central air conditioning system into residence (in October 2008) believing he could get the energy credit. Had to tell him he bought it in the wrong year.
            Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Easier

to show client what is allowed. See publication 17 for a concise list of what is allowed.
              ChEAr$,
              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

My sister installed new energy efficient. She wrote to every elected official she could find after I told her they skipped 2008.

Comment

Working...
                X