Online Filers / DIYers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Filers / DIYers.

Say Snag -- Have you heard of any increase in online filing this year?

I've already had two guys this week leave their W-2s, then call saying they're doing it online and come back for their papers. Also a third crafty Mom brought her difficult stuff in yesterday PLUS the kid's W-2s and asked for an estimate on his. I gave her the refund amounts and she left everything, but later called to say kiddo is "doing his online," then came back and picked his up. I guess they wanted to make sure their figures were punched in right.

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
    I gave her the refund amounts . . . I guess they wanted to make sure their figures were punched in right.
    Well, at least you've reminded us to avoid wasting our time with this stuff.

Comment

Any bets on whether or not the kid will claim his personal exemption even if it only gets him an exta $10 refund?
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        Any bets on whether or not the kid will claim his personal exemption even if it only gets him an exta $10 refund?
        For sure he won't be able to pass up the RRC. If he gets that far.

The DIYers will miss the RE tax being added to the standard deduction, too. Just hope they overhear somebody talking about it at work. If so, they'll be back. BUT, we probably don't want them back, right?

I have one bunch that TRIES to DIY every year. They call, terrified about the taxable SS benefits. I ALWAYS include the dadgum worksheet, hoping they'll figure it out and leave me alone. But no, they call and aggravate me with questions, which I do answer, they give up, and bring their crap in. Call the next day just wondering if I've tried to call, the answering machine isn't working. #$%&!!
        If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

I had one come in a few mintues ago and tell me that he done it online up to the point where he did not have to pay to have filed. He is getting $2,000 back. He said if I did not get close to that number then to call him. ????

Comment

Working...
          X