Time Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Clock

Dang but I'm gettin' tired! I swear I'm cuttin' back to 12 hours a day pretty soon.

Run the Clock Back

Bart, one way to do it is to run your clock back. I see your post was at 1 A.M. so you could wind your clock back to 10:00 and reduce your workday to only 13 hours.

A lawyer friend (I actually have a few) is active in Kentucky politics. Their constitution limits the legislature to 60 days. That way all the lawmakers get to go home and plant their tobacco and brew their bourbon. The general consensus when the provision was made was as follows: if they can't decide on something in 60 days, then another 10 months won't do them any good. If they had a whole 12 months, they would waste it all bickering anyway.

Most years when the bewitching hour of midnight approaches on March 2, legislators scramble up the wall and grab the minute hand and whirl it backward a couple of revolutions.

I'm still working at 2:30 AM on a stack of returns, and check the board every 2-3 hours as a diversion.

Happy hours to you, too!!

Comment

Hey Snag,

2:30, eh? Shoot; and I thought I was bad off. I will promptly quit whinin' and hit my stack too.

Best regards, BB

Comment

Tough working late

My eyes just won't cooperate with working late.

So I go home about 8:15 pm.

Then get up at 4:00 am and make it to the office at 4:30 am.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Jig

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
          My eyes just won't cooperate with working late.

So I go home about 8:15 pm.

Then get up at 4:00 am and make it to the office at 4:30 am.
          Aw, the first braggart (me) doesn't have a chance.

Comment

Working...
          X