Proseries Bug!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proseries Bug!!!

I'm using Proseries Basic. I just installed a new update. After the update, I went to efile a return. I received a mesage - Conversion Failed. AND THEN THE FILE WAS DELETED!!!
    The client stats are still shown on homebase but the when you go open it, it is not found. A quick look with windows explorer verified that the .dat file was indeed gone.

Fortunately I did a back up with my Clickfree earlier so I was able to retreive the missing file.

In addition, Homebase was different. It was sorted by modified date and you could not change it to sort by any other stat.

On a good note, I did re-boot and homebase appeared back to normal. I efiled another return - knowing I had a backup - and it worked.

That Clickfree just paid for itself.

ProSeries update (latest) looks fine to me..

I have my computer set up for auto updates. It just updated this morning and Homebase looks fine and I opend a file and it looks fine. By any chance did you purchase a new computer with Vista OP and if so do you have a 64 or 32 bit? Reason I ask is I called ProSeries tech support when I was thinking about purchasing a new computer about a month ago. If my memory serves me well, they (ProSeries) dont support 64 bit Vista OP only 32 but I encourage you to call.

Comment

Lucked out

I look for updates daily and luckily did not have the same problem. I am running on a VISTA 64-bit system and have had a few problems (most of which I overcame, other than printing to a pdf file).

Mike

Comment

Free pdf printer recommended by PC World

Mike, I haven't tried this one yet, but they say it's very good. You have the ability to password protect and watermark the files. I don't know if it will work on a 64 bit system, but you might want to check it out.

Free PDF Printer - Create PDF documents from Windows applications. Supports Citrix, Terminal Server, Windows Server 2019 2016 2012 2008 2008R2 2003 2000, Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP. Works with 32 and 64 bit systems.
        Sandy >^..^<

Comment

Working...
        X