Partnership required a bank account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partnership required a bank account?

Do you think a partnership must have a separate checking account. Can it operate with cash only from and to the partners? (In this case within same family.)
    JG

there is no law

Originally posted by JG EA View Post
    Do you think a partnership must have a separate checking account. Can it operate with cash only from and to the partners? (In this case within same family.)
    which mandates any business have a checking account.

However we all, I'm sure, recognize "best practices" require such separate accounting
    for cash receipts.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Corporations and LLC's should have a business checking account separate from personal funds in order to protect personal assets. Any entity that requires a balance sheet should have a separate checking account. Many sole proprietors miss deductions or understate income when there is a lack of business records.

I would never allow a business, regardless of activity, to operate without a business checking account.

As to partnerships, there are too many issues to not have a business checking account. Partner Basis for one.
      Last edited by BOB W; 02-08-2009, 09:29 PM.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Thank you.
        JG

Comment

It's a separate entity with it's own FEIN......= should have it's own bank account.
          Dave, EA

Comment

Working...
          X