Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stimulus Pmt Phone Number

From IRS...here is how your clients can get their payment information:

Check the amount listed on Notice 1378, which the IRS mailed last year to individuals who received the economic stimulus payment.

Go to the How Much Was My Stimulus Payment? tool that is available on the IRS Web site, IRS.gov. This can provide the correct amount in a matter of a few seconds.

Individuals can call the IRS at 1-866-234-2942. After a brief recorded announcement they can select option one to find out the amount of their economic stimulus payment. They will need to provide their filing status, Social Security Number and number of exemptions.
    taxea
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

I do it

As previously posted, I am doing this on behalf of my clients.

Thanks for the phone number, etc, but it is so much easier and timely, if I just look it up.

My tax software has a link at the computer input screen, pulls it up in less than 30 seconds, I enter the SSN, filing status and exemptions, and "voila" I have the amount and then I "PDF" into my paperless client file.

What can be easier than that! TTB CD also has a link!

Too simple! No waiting on an email back from the client, or a phone call from the client! I am done and on to next return.

Sandy
    Last edited by S T; 02-03-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
      As previously posted, I am doing this on behalf of my clients.

Thanks for the phone number, etc, but it is so much easier and timely, if I just look it up.
      Me too - I have the link as my home page and it's the first thing I do when I meet with the client - it doesn't even take 30 seconds.

Comment

My cilents are trained to understand that I prepare their taxes based on the information they provide from the checklist and worksheets that I provide. They have the access to this as I do. More so they got the document I need.

Maybe it is because I do taxes, not recordkeeping, bookkeeping or accounting (by choice) so I expect the client to do the research if they didn't keep the document. Besides it teaches them to pay attention to their finances...especially those who self-employ without realizing the necessity for accurate records keeping. taxea
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
        X