Yes... another RRC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes... another RRC question

If a taxpayer forgot to claim the RRC in his 2008 tax return, does the IRS automatically calculate and refund it to the taxpayer?

If yes, would the RRC come together with the original refund or would it take longer?

From IRS Website

According to this, the IRS does not plan to issue an additional payment for the RRC:

Comment

Originally posted by KBTS View Post
      According to this, the IRS does not plan to issue an additional payment for the RRC:

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...203191,00.html
      Thank you. But I cannot find the answer to my question there.

Let me use an example. Suppose a taxpayer has already filed his 2008 tax return but he has forgotten to claim the RRC, would the IRS automatically pick up the mistake, calculate the amount that he should be eligible for and send it together with the original refund?

One additional question. If the IRS does not do it automatically, can the taxpayer file a 1040X amended return to claim the RRC later?

Thank you for the help.

Comment

rrc

of all the various messages back and forth on the credit, both here and on another board,
        I get the impession that even if not claimed orginally, IRS will indeed process the retunr and
        include the effects of the credit. In this case however, it may take them an extra week or two to do so.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
        X