Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EFiling

What are IRS reject codes 679 and 680?

Error reject codes 679 & 680 -- Long ones, so here's a link to the page in IRS site:

0679 Authentication Record – When the PIN TYPE Code (SEQ 0008) equals
    “S” or “O”, the Primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income (SEQ 0020) or Primary Prior Year PIN (SEQ 0025) must match the Primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income or Primary Prior Year PIN on the IRS Master File.
    Exceptions: When the Filing Status (SEQ 0130) equals "2" (Married Filing
    Jointly), the Primary Date of Death (SEQ 0020) is significant, and the Secondary Date of Death (SEQ 0040) is not significant on the Tax Return, the Spouse Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income (SEQ 0050) or Spouse Prior Year PIN (SEQ 0055) on the Authentication Record must match the Spouse Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income or Spouse Prior Year PIN on the IRS Master File.
    When the Filing Status (SEQ 0130) equals "2" (Married Filing Jointly), and the Primary Date of Death (SEQ 0020) and the Secondary Date of Death (SEQ 0040) are significant on the Tax Return, the primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income or Primary Prior Year PIN on the Authentication Record must match the Primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income or Primary Prior Year PIN on the IRS Masterfile.
    When the Filing Status (SEQ 0130) equals "2" (Married Filing Jointly) and the Special Processing Literal (SEQ 0100) equals “DESERT STORM”, “HAITI”, “FORMER YUGOSLAVIA”, “UN OPERATION”,
    “JOINT GUARD”, “JOINT FORGE”, “NORTHERN WATCH”,
    “PERATION ALLIED FORCE”, “NORTHERN FORGE”, “ENDURING FREEDOM”, “COMBAT ZONE”, or “COMBAT ZONE YYYYMMDD” on the Tax Return, the Primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income (SEQ 0020) or Primary Prior Year PIN (SEQ 0025) on the Authentication Record must match the Primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income or Primary Prior
    Year PIN on the IRS Master File or the Spouse Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income (SEQ 0050) or Spouse Prior Year PIN (SEQ 0055) on the Authentication Record must match the Spouse Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income or Spouse Prior Year PIN on the IRS Master File.

0680 Authentication Record – When the PIN TYPE Code (SEQ 0008) equals
    “S” or “O” and the Filing Status (SEQ 0130) is “2” (Married Filing Jointly) on the return, the Spouse Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income (SEQ 0050) or Spouse Prior Year PIN (SEQ 0055) must match the Spouse Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income or Spouse Prior Year PIN on the IRS Master File.
    Exceptions: When the Filing Status (SEQ 0130) equals "2" (Married Filing
    Jointly) and the Secondary Date of Death (SEQ 0040) is significant on the Tax Return, the Primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income (SEQ 0020) or Primary Prior Year PIN (SEQ 0025) on the Authentication Record must match the Primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income or Primary Prior Year PIN on the IRS Master File.
    When the Filing Status (SEQ 0130) equals "2" (Married Filing Jointly) and the Special Processing Literal (SEQ 0100) equals “DESERT STORM”, “HAITI”, “FORMER YUGOSLAVIA”, “UN OPERATION”,
    “JOINT GUARD”, “JOINT FORGE”, “NORTHERN WATCH”,
    “OPERATION ALLIED FORCE”, “NORTHERN FORGE”, “ENDURING FREEDOM”, “COMBAT ZONE”, or “COMBAT ZONE YYYYMMDD” on the Tax Return, the Primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income (SEQ 0020) or Primary Prior Year PIN (SEQ 0025) on the Authentication Record must match the Primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income or Primary Prior Year PIN on the IRS Master File or the Spouse Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income (SEQ 0050) or Spouse Prior Year PIN (SEQ 0055) on the Authentication Record must match the Spouse Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income or Spouse Prior Year PIN on the IRS Master File.

Error codes page:

Form Field Reference page:
    Last edited by BP.; 02-02-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks

I am havingtrouble getting returns to efiled. They have correct AGI from previous year. I think the trouble is with my software company.

Comment

Can you use the practitioner pin method instead? Good luck

Comment

Thanks, BP

You hit the nail on the head. I was using the Practioner Pin but had not checked that in mysoftware. You got me on the right track. Will know for sure after 4 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post

on the right track
            Wonderful!

Originally posted by Chief View Post

had not checked that in mysoftware.
            Those darn check-boxes are always tripping me up!

Comment

Working...
            X