HRB radio commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HRB radio commercial

Heard it twice yesterday on Huntsville, AL radio.

Block calls Mr. H Lee, CPA, to inform him he made a mistake on someone's tax return last year, and they are correcting his mistake to get the taxpayer more money back. Hopes Mr. Lee is not mad.

Lee comes on the commercial to say, Yes, he is indeed mad.

HRB closed commercial by saying they find errors in 4 out of 5 returns prepared by others.

A new low guys. Block bashing? Listen again, and wonder who is bashing who.

HRB commercial

I have heard that commercial several times here in NE Ohio also. Although I understood the person to be mad is the client. Definitely is bashing the CPAs and other preparers.
    But I also know that if I check 10 of Blocks returns I will find something I disagree with or would change on 8 or 9 of them. There just is so much today and each preparer has something they are better versed in.
    I got my start at Block many years ago and know that they have a great system but also a lot of seasonal preparers that just want to get a return done and out the door. They do not explain the papers well and this year they have to have the disclosure signed before starting a return and most are not explaining what each part of the four parts really means. they just tell the client they "have" to sign it before they can prepare the return.
    I guess the main thing I want to say is that this type of advertising is definitely not in good taste.
    AJ, EA

Comment

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post

Block calls Mr. H Lee, CPA, to inform him he made a mistake on someone's tax return

A new low guys. Block bashing? Listen again, and wonder who is bashing who.
      Ugh, that is low.

Does advertising that they call a prior preparer about client's return imply possible violation of client confidentiality??

Comment

what they don't say is that a lot of those 4 of 5 returns were done by other HRB people.

Comment

Originally posted by BP. View Post
          Does advertising that they call a prior preparer about client's return imply possible violation of client confidentiality??
          I did not think they called the preparer so much as publicly lambasted them on the radio. Which is even lower. To name a CPA and a client on the air, even though both are fake names is really pushing the limit. I am surprised the corporate lawyers at Block let that one get by. I know, it is advertising and is all fake, but does it really project a good image for the company??? no !! And it spreads garbage on the entire community of tax preparation.
          We did not make this mess they call the tax code, we just try to clean it up!!
          AJ, EA

Comment

Working...
          X