S/H loan to S-Corp / Int. Exp.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S/H loan to S-Corp / Int. Exp.?

Just want to make sure I’m doing this correctly. I picked up a new cash basis S-Corp owned by a 100% sole shareholder. This individual has loaned approx. $200K to the company and is accruing interest on the books of the S-Corp. Note, the interest was accrued at 6% but not paid. I’m not sure if a formal note is executed. I assume that the S-Corp does not issue a 1099-INT, right? Also, the interest would not be deducted on the S-Corp given it being on the cash basis. Am I missing something such as constructive payment?? Thanks for your assistance.
    "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax" - Albert Einstein

Actually Using the Hybrid Method

Ok, problem solved. I recall now upon looking at the return again that the S-Corp is under the Hybrid method of accounting. Thus, the accrual of interest without the actual payment being made. Still need to prepare 1099-INT.

Have a good weekend everyone!!
    "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Couldn't find it in TTB

Best to read Code Sec 267 dealing with losses, deductions between relaed parties.

Comment

Working...
      X