For what is worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what is worth

My Tax Software prints out an instruction sheet for the client, stating refunds amounts, you have elected to file your Federal and/or State return electronically, etc.

I have the option to add add'l text, I am entering the approximate Federal Refund Date for Direct Deposit and also, since I am processing so many Calif returns, and California has an announcement that refunds will be delayed at least up to 30 days, and my guess would be longer, I have entered the FTB phone contact 800# as well as the website address to check on their refunds online.

I am hoping this will eliminate a lot of phone calls to my office.

Sandy

I get very few

of these "where's my refund" calls now that I am out on my own but I do tell people when I do their taxes that I will be of no help with that issue until July unless they receive a letter from the taxing agency before then in which case I will be more than happy to help. That and not offering bank products has meant that I don't attract these clients who get huge refunds and think they can count on getting them in a certain time.

Comment

I have always included this information with the client copy of the tax return and it has been my experience that the client finds it quicker to call me than to look up the number provided. Frustrating! taxea
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Frustrating

My clients know that my voice mail is always available and that they stand a far better chance of winning the top prize in the Lottery than of picking up the phone and speaking with me at once. They leave messages indicating at least one time more than two hours after their call but still that day and at least one time the next day when I can reach them and I faithfully return the calls at mutually convenient times. Among the consequences of this is that it is usually easier to find the papers I gave them than to call me.

Comment

Refund cycle chart

The refund cycle chart is available at www.irs.gov. I print out a copy at the beginning of the season. When I finish a return, I tell them when to expect their refund in their bank account.
          Once in a great while someone will call because their refund didn't go into their account at the right time.
          But I love the chart.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by S T

I am hoping this will eliminate a lot of phone calls to my office.
            My hopes are with you, but may be wishful thinking, as taxea's experience mirrors what I find . . .

Originally posted by taxea

the client finds it quicker to call me than to look up the number provided
            How very true.

Originally posted by erchess

I do tell people when I do their taxes that I will be of no help with that issue until July
            I'd prefer they call me promptly if there IS a problem or delay . . . maybe I've made a mistake, after all. Like one year I used an RTN for a large local bank, but turns out the client had actually opened their savings account many years ago in another region of the country, and the account was hooked to a different RTN.

As far as calling me, I can only suck it up and console myself with the knowledge that at least clients see me as their go-to tax resource. Helps with referrals, goodwill and whatnot. If I can, I try to delight clients with exceptional customer service.

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea

I tell them when to expect their refund in their bank account . . . I love the chart.
            Same here, and it practically eliminates any routine refund calls.

Comment

Working...
            X