Consent to Disclose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consent to Disclose

As we know the consent to disclose contains required language to the effect that the signer should indicate how long the document is to be valid unless they want it to be valid for exactly one year.

So what if I at the time of preparation let those clients wishing to do so sign a sort of blanket permission for me to disclose to anyone who they might later request that I disclose to? If the idea is not invalid on its face, then what would be the acceptable means of their making the request? Telephone? Email? Fax? Actual signature by mail or courier or would I have to witness the signature? Would this also have to have specific language (in which case my purpose is defeated) or could they simply make the request in everyday language?

My policy

FWIW.

At tax time, I don't automatically get consents signed by all clients "just in case" one might
    later in the year want me to disclose. Besides, I think the consent form has to name the
    third party to whom info will be disclosure, right?

Later on when client wants bank to have a copy of three years returns, and he can't find
    his three blue folders clearly marked 2005, 2006, 2007...... I will make him a federal copy
    of appropriate form and schedules, and he can pick them up, or I will mail them, or give in a sealed packet to his designated courier, always close kin.

For me to deliver directly a copy of a joint return to his bank, I will need that consent form
    duly signed by him AND his wife.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
    X