Unemployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment

I'm wondering if any ones knows if the Feds and states have automatic sharing of 940 and unemployment data between each other. I have a potential client that thinks their 940 was done incorrectly, and I want to be sure I explain the situation to them fully. Thanks!
    "Congress has spoken to this issue through its audible silence."
    Anyone ever notice they beat the daylights out of the definition of a child, but they don't spend much time at all defining "parent"?

I think so. As I recall, there was a big announcement about a year ago. Not sure of the number of states but TX was one of them.

Comment

Nebraska does, they certify the state wages to the IRS around Sept of the following year.
      In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
      Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Many

And, CT. I think it's a very high number of states now sharing employment info with the feds.

Comment

I believe there are 27 states which are onboard as of 2008.. Check with your state unemployment office to be sure. I had a list around here but cannot find it at the moment. I think it was in the NATP TaxPro Monthly earlier this year.

Comment

Mn

is also a recipient of shared data with IRS.

Comment

Thanks

everyone for the input - it is much appreciated!

ATG
              "Congress has spoken to this issue through its audible silence."
              Anyone ever notice they beat the daylights out of the definition of a child, but they don't spend much time at all defining "parent"?

Comment

In order for a business to get the .008 on the 940 they have to pay ALL State UI payments > and they must be paid timely. IRS has been getting state UI info for many years as IRS required the info to verify compliance to get the .008 rate. So information sharing on this issue is nothing new.
                This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
                X