Envelopes for 1099-misc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Envelopes for 1099-misc

Can 1099-misc forms be mailed in plain envelopes or do they have to have the "important tax return document enclosed" printed on the label/envelope (as per page 10 of the general instructions for forms 1099) . I believe this wording only applies to those forms issued for the recipients listed on page 9 of the instructions but I'd like to verify this.

I throw caution to the wind and send them in plain envelopes with that blue print inside for security. Maybe I'm living on the edge, but that's just how it is

Comment

I use plain envelopes

I use plain envelopes. I find the double window envelopes often don't show the information through, the way it should. I do not mail anything with "important info" or "important tax info", or "confidential" on it. These type notices attract identity theft (who steal mail). I had it happen to a client of mine.

Comment

Shocking!

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
        I throw caution to the wind and send them in plain envelopes with that blue print inside for security. Maybe I'm living on the edge, but that's just how it is
        That's what I call pushing the envelope.

Comment

Hahahahaha!!

Wow! The Venerable Veritas? Shocked?

Nice to know I accomplished something today

Comment

Working...
          X