Software Form Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Form Question

I was just wondering if any of ya'll know what software produced the form attched. I found the form online but I have a customer that brought by the prior year return that has this form. It has alot of good worksheets on calculating basis. Wonder which software produced it.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Don't Know

Dany,

Not sure which software produced that particular form you posted, however, the software that I am using TaxWorks, has something similar in the Partnership and the S Corp returns that we can complete and make part of the file.

CFS Small Business Software (TaxTools) also has a Partner and Shareholder Basis Worksheet.

Sandy

Comment

I am thinking either ProSeries or Lacerte. Taxwise also has something similar. In this customer's return there were several worksheets covering basis that provided great information. It appears that the shareholder basis information was carried forward to their personal return. There was also basis worksheets in the individual.

I am just impressed with the detail in the worksheets.

I am going to take a look at CFS Taxtools. Haven't used is the last couple of years.

Comment

ProSeries has this form. taxea
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

ProSeries

swiped it from Lacerte.

Comment

Thank you guys. I thought it was one or the other.... both

I've been looking at the prices of both. Lacerte looks like it is out of my league pricing wise. Proseries maybe an option. Something to research and think about after the tax season. As I said I was just really impressed with all the worksheets. Very detailed and gave great information for me.
            I really need to get my customer pricing up to a level where I could afford such programs. Would be nice.

Thanks again

Comment

Use Lacerte Pay Per Return option

Are you aware Lacerte has a pay per return option? That might be affordable for you; to use for just the returns that need the basis schedule. I'm not that familiar with it, as I pay for the whole program - yes, expensive but good. Hope it helps you.

Comment

Top Tier Programs

When I was pricing programs, I looked at the Pay Per Return method since I don't do a lot of returns but some complex returns. Then ProSystem fx offered me a 50% discount as a small business for three years! Well, I grabbed that. For my renewal, the salesman worked out many different ways to get me an even lower price for this tax season now that I know better how many and what kind of returns I expect.

Comment

Looks like Pay Per Return would be a choice for me on Lacrete. Would save a little money that way. I am definitely going to look into it and check on their support.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
                    Looks like Pay Per Return would be a choice for me on Lacrete. Would save a little money that way. I am definitely going to look into it and check on their support.
                    Dany,

The last year I was with Lacerte, '03, support was offshore. I did not like that a bit. This last year, I had occasion to check on something with the company regarding the program, still offshore.

D

Comment

Ouch! Really? That's not good at all. Paying that much and the support offshore... hmmm definitely rethinking. I don't like that at all. I really appreciate you telling me that.

Comment

Lacerte

I rarely call them, maybe once or twice a year. It was offshore one time a few years ago.

Comment

ProSystem fx

ProSystem fx support is in the US. Think they're in the midwest someplace, Kansas, maybe. They are amazing. And, support is very important to me in my home office with no one around to help.

Comment

Lacerte Support

Lacerte did switch to off shore support a few years ago, but after a major uprising among users...they changed back in the middle of tax season. I haven't contacted them (yet) this year, so I can't verify where support is......I do know, a year and a half ago, when I had MAJOR issues concerning data loss due to electronic issues, support was in Texas. And they were absolutely superb!

Comment

Working...
                            X