$ 7500 new homeowners credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$ 7500 new homeowners credit

Just noticed that buried deep in the bowels of our president elect's new propossed stimulus legislation is a provision to eliminate the recapture feature pertaining to the new homeowners credit. This legislation obviously has a long road ahead of it but perhaps this will eventually be a real credit after all.

My uncle said:

Originally posted by jimmcg View Post
    Just noticed that buried deep in the bowels of our president elect's new propossed stimulus legislation is a provision to eliminate the recapture feature pertaining to the new homeowners credit. This legislation obviously has a long road ahead of it but perhaps this will eventually be a real credit after all.
    "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

Comment

Originally posted by jimmcg View Post
      Why do my tax dollars have to go to someone simply because they bought a house? The way the credit is set up, it does not help the person with a downpayment to get the house. I see no reason they can't pay it back. We are hemorraghing enough money.
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Yes, yes; it's all very frustrating.

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
        Why do my tax dollars have to go to someone simply because they bought a house? The way the credit is set up, it does not help the person with a downpayment to get the house. I see no reason they can't pay it back. We are hemorraghing enough money.
        And I still haven't heard anything back from my congressman yet about my proposal for a First-time Flat-screen HDTV Buyers' Tax Credit for our good citizenry. I'm writing my ..... hmmm.....well, somebody about this....

P.S. Maybe I should let him know that I (unlike the homebuyers who may be gifted with $7,500 of our money) am more patriotic-than-thou/them. I am absolutely willing to replace the Sam's Club 15% interest rate and two-year repayment on my TV with gov't. terms of zero interest and 15 year repayment. While I'd planned switching to Amex at 4%, it is, after all, only fair for us to help the government by participating in programs designed to spend our way out of this money shortage.
        Last edited by Black Bart; 01-17-2009, 12:13 AM.

Comment

(opinion) And all that increasing demand in the housing market does is increase the prices even more. The people who couldn't afford a home still can't and are even less likely to be able to now going into the future.

Comment

Working...
          X