Section 179D - Energy Efficient Commercial Bldg Deduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 179D - Energy Efficient Commercial Bldg Deduction

I am trying to find out what needs to be done to qualify for the credit. I have a copy of Code Sec. 179D and have done several searches online but have had no luck. I have a client that is looking to build a new commercial building SOON and would like to take advantage of the deduction. I see that you have to use "qualified software" and the "plan" has to be "certified". My client is a licenses builder and planned on doing most of the work himself. What would need to be done to qualify for the credit? ANY assistance would be appreciated.

If you have read the actual code and it does not answer your question, you will need to wait for IRS to issue a notice, or revenue ruling, or some other kind of guidance on the subject. Congress makes up these rules that sometimes takes awhile for people to figure out how they need to be administered.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees
      If you have read the actual code and it does not answer your question, you will need to wait for IRS to issue a notice, or revenue ruling, or some other kind of guidance on the subject. Congress makes up these rules that sometimes takes awhile for people to figure out how they need to be administered.
      Yes. That is what I have found. It would be nice if they would offer some guidance for those people who want to take advantage of the provisions. I know he wants to get started ASAP with the project but I guess I will simply have to tell him to wait until we have been given some answers.

How long do you think it will be before the IRS supplies us with these answers?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        How long do you think it will be before the IRS supplies us with these answers?
        I remember a seminar speaker being asked that once. He said whenever he looks at his crystal ball, all he sees is his feet.

Comment

possible answers

i have a client who is a manufacturer of commercial lighting and uses this as a sales technique. check out the following links:
          Cooper Lighting delivers an industry-leading portfolio of residential, sports, infrastructure, industrial and commercial LED lighting and controls.

click on EPAct 2005 in the lower left corner. also, sylvania has some articles on this subject. google Sylvania Energy Policy 2005 or give me your email address and i'll forward it to you in a PDF.

hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            i have a client who is a manufacturer of commercial lighting and uses this as a sales technique. check out the following links:
            Cooper Lighting delivers an industry-leading portfolio of residential, sports, infrastructure, industrial and commercial LED lighting and controls.

click on EPAct 2005 in the lower left corner. also, sylvania has some articles on this subject. google Sylvania Energy Policy 2005 or give me your email address and i'll forward it to you in a PDF.

hope this helps

Thanks!!! That helped a lot. For anyone interested, this site should answer most questions: http://www.energytaxincentives.org As stated above, we have not been given any guidance as to how to calculate the energy savings, but this site will be updated accordingly when available.

Thanks again...

Comment

Working...
            X