A Pox upon ATX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Pox upon ATX

Those accursed infidels have only "draft" forms EIC and 8880 and I've got to print 'em out, then run "normal" blank forms off Google and hand-write 'em to finish.

Got a live human rep on the phone today -- she said they'll be up Jan.16th. Wonderful! Never occurred to them that some people do paper returns before electronic D-day.

As Saddam once said, "May their stomachs roast in the desert (no, I never did quite figure that one out either), God willing!" I'm giving 'em one more year to shape up and then, I swear I'm goin' to TurboTax.

IRS released the final version of Form 8880 on 1/6/2009. http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/lists/0,,id=97796,00.html Software companies are at the mercy of having to wait for IRS to release the final version of the form before they can release it in their software. I’m sure it takes a little bit of time after 1/6/2009 to get it updated in their software. If you want to blame someone, blame IRS. As of today, not all 2008 Forms, Instructions, or Publications have been released yet by IRS.

Comment

Yeah, and even though someone may want to paper file before the 16th, its not like the return will be processed if filed early.

Comment

No forms & slow forms.

Y'all can blame whoever you want and I'll do the same -- I've dealt with ATX before and heard all their excuses. If Google could get it on the web, then it looks like they could.

Yes Joan, I know they're not processing them, but some customers aren't concerned about that; they want their taxes done today and will go elsewhere if I can't do them.

Comment

Hey Black Bart

I use Drake Tax Software which cost $995 plus sales tax. I used TurboTax years ago
          and did not care for it. Best wishes.

Comment

Forms and software

Originally posted by dyne View Post
            I use Drake Tax Software which cost $995 plus sales tax. I used TurboTax years ago
            and did not care for it. Best wishes.
            Hi, Dyne. Actually I was just ranting/raving and letting off some steam -- I wouldn't really consider using TurboTax and I'll probably stay with ATX (hate to learn new software). While I can get by without the 8880, the EIC form is vital around here (at least 1/2 the returns require it). And it's just an information sheet -- nothing new and complicated. But, that's the way it goes and anyway, I've gained some experience from them doing workarounds (seemed odd to hand-write a tax form -- it's been a long time).

Thanks. I appreciate your concern.

Comment

Turbotax

I thought Turbotax was marketed to individuals. Can a professional use it? I know that the maker also produces software for Professionals and maybe that is what you guys were talking about.

BB I can sympathize with your frustration about forms not being available. Two seasons ago the reseller of Intellitax I was using did not have the NC Business Program (and several other State Business Programs) until 3/15. My reseller told me the fault was with Orrtax making the software available but another reseller told me that was not true and that they had all State Forms by 2/15. I also agree with you that if any given software package lacks a form at a moment in time when either Google or the Taxing Agency has the form, shame on the software company. I can forgive them for not doing calculations including carrying numbers to and from that form but putting a fill in form on my screen should not be hard for a software company.

Comment

Proseries used to be called TurboTax Pro. If all you want is a fill-in form, go to the IRS website.

Comment

turbo tax

I used turbo tax for around 15 years, my peak year i did 90 returns, but have been phasing down past 3 years. i found the program to be very user friendly , and a very reasonable price, while most of the returns were simple, the most complex being form 4797 with an installment sale. in those years only one client got a cp2000 and that was taken care of without problems, (IRS was wrong). i had a lot of confidence in using it. this year will be my last year as a paid preparer, i will only do relatives next year as favors. i'm trying to retire, but it is hard to say no.

Comment

Working...
                  X