Incorporating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorporating

Correct me if I am wrong but if a business wants to incorporate, they would file the necessary forms with the state they would like to be incorporated in. What forms if any outside of applying for a tax id and filing the corp tax return, are required with the IRS?

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but if a business wants to incorporate, they would file the necessary forms with the state they would like to be incorporated in. What forms if any outside of applying for a tax id and filing the corp tax return, are required with the IRS?

Possible S election, state withholding,state UI registration and State sales tax(maybe).
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

None further

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      unless the shareholders want to elect S corp status. then you use the form 2553.
      AND, as I just learned from TaxBook the other day, in a communist state.... er.
      like California, Arizony, etc, the wife, even if not a shareholder, has to also sign that form.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Follow up question...LLC vs Corp

We are launching a non profit networking club and the norm I have seen in the past is the club obtains corp status before applying for non profit status with the IRS. Can an LLC serve the same purpose of the Corp?

Comment

You need to check state law.

Comment

Working...
          X