Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper Cut?

Happy Holidays All.

I searched the forums before posting this question and could find no one asking about Paper Cut, a product that's supposed to make your office almost paperless.

This software is offered through TaxslayerPro. Anyone here familiar with it? Any pros and cons? I would like to order before the end of the month if anyone thinks it's worth the $149 price.

Any other suggestions that might work for me?

As always,

Thanks so much.

Peachie

Used it last year.

I used it last year because they offered it at $99. I backed up everything I did on the program so I assume that I have a good backup.

I intended to ask TaxslayerPro some questions, like where is my backup? Is it just on my computer? Do they have a backup in case of computer failure? I do have everything backuped up on a smaller drive that I can detach and take with me to another place.

But it seemed to work fine.

Linda

Comment

Thanks Linda.

So, you have used it but don't know if it works and is really a time saver for you?

Peachie

Comment

Our office has been paperless for 3 years now, haven't heard of this software. What does it do that helps make the office paperless?
        "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Taxman said: Our office has been paperless for 3 years now, haven't heard of this software. What does it do that helps make the office paperless?

Hi Taxman,

From what I can gather you just scan everything into a PDF file and use for storage. Honestly, this seems to be the gist of it. Seems really simple on its face but it has a $149 price tag.

How did you make your office paperless? Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks.

Peachie

Comment

When we bought our scanner it came with software that scans to a pdf file which is then placed by us into our database for that year. We use PaperPort from Nuance:
            www.nuance.com/paperport/ and it is easy and quick, never had any issues using it. Buying PaperPort costs $99.99, a little less than Paper Cut, if you buy a stand alone copy to use.
            "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

What kind of scanner do you use? I need to upgrade to one that has a feeder and doesn't go into the "adjusting lamp" mode between each sheet.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
                When we bought our scanner it came with software that scans to a pdf file which is then placed by us into our database for that year. We use PaperPort from Nuance:
                www.nuance.com/paperport/ and it is easy and quick, never had any issues using it. Buying PaperPort costs $99.99, a little less than Paper Cut, if you buy a stand alone copy to use.
                Thanks for the info, I am going to use your link to see if this can help me. I have an all-in-one scanner, fax,copier, etc. If this works will see if I can get it into my expenses for 2008.
                Quick and easy are magical words.

Peachie

Comment

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
                  Paperport's $99.99 is no longer it seems. However, Amazon has it for $68.59. I am going to read all about it and probably order tonight.

Thanks Taxman.

Peachie

Comment

Originally posted by Peachie View Post
                    Paperport's $99.99 is no longer it seems. However, Amazon has it for $68.59. I am going to read all about it and probably order tonight.

Thanks Taxman.

Peachie
                    You're welcome. Our scanner is a Xerox 810, small footprint on the counter, and fast enough for our use. Will also be using a keyboard/scanner combo unit this season at my desk, will see if it's easy to use as well as convenient. It doesn't have a flat panel ability but feeds everything, small & large, I put into the paper feed....so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X