Organizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organizer

I am starting a new thread with this question that seems to be stupid.

When I enter my address on top of the organizer what do I have to do to get it centered?

Last year I didn't have a problem. This year, even though I have PDF now, I don't know what to do.

Organizer

Gretel,

I just tried to center it and I had to "eye" it, which is OK for me. Type on the left then scoot it over. Same with the next lines.

D

Comment

A thought

Gretel, I am hearing you say that you have Adobe Acrobat. I do not have that program and I know nothing of it. I have MyPDF Maker which does not let me adjust a PDF in any way but it lets me convert a PDF into Word or any of a variety of other formats and convert a file in any of those Formats to a PDF. I have actually used the program only with Word and not with this Organizer. I find that sometimes when I take a PDF into Word I lose some of the lines. boxes, etc. If I knew how, Word could recreate them, but I do not know how. I do know however. that if you put the Organizer into Word Format, Word or Open Office will exactly center the text. Then you could see whether the rest of what you had pleased you or needed adjustments that might be within your skills.

I agree with you that it would be nice if the editors would give us the Organizer in Word Format. However, I suspect that if they did so they would be more liable than they are now for legal issues that might arise from an individual's use of a modified organizer. I suspect that only because it is the only reason I can think of why they do not make the organizer available in Word Format.

Comment

Adobe Reader is the free version of the Adobe software that allows you to view PDF files. To create or edit a PDF file, you need one of the pay versions, such as Adobe Acrobat Pro. If a PDF file allows you to enter data in a particular field, such as a fill-in-print form, or the name and address field on TTB organizer, it is because the person who created that PDF pre-determined the font, alignment, and other formats that you can use. That formatting is embedded in the PDF and cannot be changed unless you have Acrobat Pro loaded on your computer.

The other alternative is to delete the text in TTB organizer header, print out a clean copy, and then tape your business card into that area of the organizer and take it to a quality color copy machine to make your first page. You could also experiment in word creating your own header, font, size, format, etc., and send the same sheet through your printer twice; one to print a clean copy of page 1 of the organizer, and one to print your re-format header using Word. Trial and error will eventually align your header into the exact spot you want it to appear on the organizer. The suggestion to offer a version of the organizer in Word is something we may consider for next year.

One word of caution using any program other than Adobe Reader 8 or higher. Not all of the features on the WebCD or TheTaxAuthority updates will work on other programs. We strongly recommend all users of the WebCD to have an Adobe Reader version 8 or higher loaded on their computer.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

I tried Word but it messed up the format very badly.

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 but neither could figure out how to align nor found anything useful on the internet. Maybe it is not meant to be doing this.

Brad, as I mentioned before, last year the formatting was centered by default. Is there any way to bring this back for 2008?

Comment

Working...
          X