Payroll forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payroll forms

What forms software do you use to prepare 1099, w2's and especially STATE payroll related forms? I've used ATX in the past but did have some major efiling issues with their payroll forms last year. I've switched from their software so would like to find a good payroll form solution.

I'd like efiling
    State forms
    Quarterly forms

I have Drake CWU for last year but I couldn't figure out how to enter 1099-info, w2 etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Carolyn
    Last edited by equinecpa; 12-12-2008, 06:53 PM.

Carolyn:

Years ago, before I started using ATX Zillion Forms, I used a product from a company called "Information Returns, Inc". Their W-2/1099 package was called "Quick and Easy W-2". Here's the link to their web site - I haven't used them in years and this isn't a recommendation other than to say I liked them when I used them in the past.

Yearli by Greatland is a complete federal, state, and recipient W-2, 1099 and 1095 filing program to generate, file, and mail all year-end forms.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

We use the Soc. Security website to generate the W-2 along with filing them and the W-3 with SSA.

It's free and prints W-2 for the employees and employer records.

I just use 1099MISC from Staples for the very few that we are asked to prepare.

Daniel
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

My One Experience

I have never been called on to prepare W2s but in 2007 one client paid fewer than a dozen contractors and I had to do their Forms 1099 Misc. I bought a Tax Slayer product (Books?) and while I did get them cranked out the product was clunky and I won't use it again. I have Zillion Forms and will probably use them but if I don't I will get the relevant program from Tenenz or the one John mentioned.

Comment

Must we use the red w-3 form and red w-2 forms to file with the SSA? Or, can we just use balck & white forms?
          Dave, EA

Comment

Black & white W2/W3 forms are fine.
            No need to use the red ones.

1096 & 1099 government copies must still be red.

Electronically filed W2, W3, 1099, & 1096 can be any color
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Colorful

I love colorful filings! I've used the Staples package for a few Forms 1099-MISC for clients. I've used QB, also. Ordered some free red forms from the IRS to have on hand. I really want to e-file, but haven't tired yet. When I wait until the last minute, or a client waits until the last minute, I stick with what I know. Maybe this will be the year I finally try to e-file payroll forms.

Comment

I should add...I like to be able to efile my 1099's and print to plain paper so I can deliver via pdf files...does anyone know if Medlin supports efile?

Comment

If you have just a few forms to file, you might want to try this site. It's quick, easy and cheap. www.filetaxes.com

Comment

W-2's can only be printed b&w if the software is approved by SSA. Photocopying W-2's won't be accepted; the forms are scanned.

CFS has a payroll product that handles W-2/1099 filing; see www.taxtools.com for more info.

Comment

w-2s, 1099s

We now set up most of our clients to do the 1099s , etc. right from QuickBooks. Those that are not in QB. we use a program called LaserLink by TFP Data Systems, Inc. WWW.custsupp.com.
                      It is the same program listed in Tenez. We get it direct. Does a great job once it is set up, prints the w-3 and 1096 for you and stores all the information for next year. And is very inexpensive. The only drawback is that you MUST use red W-2 copy A, and W-3 and all 1099 and 1096 must be done on red preprinted forms. All other copies can be done on plain white paper, tho the employee copies are supposed to be on perfed paper, tho I see some every year that are not.
                      AJ, EA

Comment

Working...
                      X