tax returns this year.

Thanks,

Hastin

Originally posted by Hastin View Post
    If I have no changes from last year, do I have to do anything to Efile
    tax returns this year.

Thanks,

Hastin
    I'm not doing anything because for many years now it was my understanding nothing needs to be done except if any of your registered information has changed.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Go into eservices and print a summary of your application for your file.

Since Authorized IRS e-file Providers are able to obtain their own proof of e-file participation status and provide it to other Providers as needed, the IRS will not mail Annual Mass Acceptance (welcome back) letters for the 2008 filing season. Registered users of e‑Services with authority to view e-file applications can obtain proof of the Provider’s e-file participation status.

Providers can print the “Summary” page of their e-file application via e-Services at irs.gov as proof of e-file participation status. Providers allowed to continue participation in IRS e-file will have an EFIN in Active status and applicable Provider Options in Accepted status. Third parties can also check the ERO locator service to determine if an ERO is continuing participation in IRS e-file.
      Also see:
      How often should an ERO validate their status and is there a time for which it is good?

ERO should check in early October and December. You will need to have a computer and register if you have not already through eService.
      How often should they go back to review the status of participation?

As often as three times a year. Directly after the due dates returns are to be filed timely at the end of April, after the filing season, the end of October and before the end of that tiling season December 5th.
      in frequently asked questions.

Although I personally think I'll just check once a year because - well just because.
      Last edited by JG EA; 12-11-2008, 03:32 PM.
      JG

Comment

I haven't done anything on it for the past two years. No problems yet (knock on wood) -- guess I'll find out about year three on January 16th.

Comment

Working...
        X