Flash Drive - password protect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Drive - password protect?

I just put all my PDF files on a 8 gig flash drive, to transfer to my new computer. I thought this is a good backup. But then I got to thinking. With the tax returns, w-2's in PDf format if anyone got a hold of it, they without any trouble could see all of it. Does anyone know how to put a password, or do something to protect the data on a flash drive. I am not so sure they would be a good backup.

My flash drives had encryption software already installed when I bought them. You could download software and install. This is what's on my flash drives:

You are right that anyone can read the pdf files and slowing them down with encryption seems like a good thing to do.

Daniel

Originally posted by Piglee View Post
    I just put all my PDF files on a 8 gig flash drive, to transfer to my new computer. I thought this is a good backup. But then I got to thinking. With the tax returns, w-2's in PDf format if anyone got a hold of it, they without any trouble could see all of it. Does anyone know how to put a password, or do something to protect the data on a flash drive. I am not so sure they would be a good backup.
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

I ordered and installed, works great. This is a great idea, thanks alot.

Comment

Working...
      X