Pacific Market Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacific Market Research

I got a letter saying they're doing a survey for IRS. Also enclosed is an IRS letter (at least it looks like one) verfiying it. They want to do a 15-20 minute phone interview to see what tax pros are doing with C-E-F-1065-1120s. Goes on to say it's voluntary, has no effects, ask for no personal, etc. (all the usual disclaimers) and to please do my patriotic duty and participate (figures to be buried in statistical totals).

I'm pretty sure it's real even though some scam artists excel at copying official logos (AOL counterfeiters come to mind) and it seem like I've heard about this outfit somewhere. Anybody know of them?

Only thing, what if they want to know if I really believe my clients have evidence to document that mileage I claimed for them? Hmmm...I know it's a crime to lie to IRS but wouldn't it okay to fib to a telemarketer?

Bart: Are they going to pay your usual hourly rate, with a minimum billing unit of one hour?
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
    X